Monday, September 3, 2012

Stuffed Portabells Mushrooms with Rosemary and Blue Cheese

I gotta say, I LOVE mushrooms! Well, cooked mushrooms anyway. My hubby does not share that love so either I don't make them or make just enough for me. Last night at Costco they had a 5 pack of portabella mushrooms which is a lot of mushrooms for one person to eat! So I briefly paused and started thinking through in my mind how I could use them all up at home: stuffed mushrooms, grilled mushrooms, pizza portabella mushrooms, I could go on!

So today for lunch I decided to stray from my usual combo of lean meat, raw veggies, and cheese and decided to actually cook lunch. After all mushrooms don't keep well so I needed to use them quickly and decided to make stuffed portabella mushrooms with zucchini, diced mushrooms, bell peppers, rosemary, and blue cheese, YUM!

I sauteed all of my veggies, and seasoned with salt and pepper at the end, if you salt your mushrooms before you cook them it draws out all the water and they won't brown for you.


Finished product- it was super delicious!!



Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms with Rosemary and Blue Cheese (Serves 4)
5 Portabella Mushrooms, cleaned and gills removed (leave 4 of them whole and finely dice the 5th)
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced in small pieces
1 Small Zucchini, diced in small pieces
1 Small Onion, diced in small pieces
1 Clove Garlic, grated or pressed
1/3 Cup Pine Nuts
1 Heaping Tbsp Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
1-2 tbsp Olive Oil (+ 1 Tbsp for saute pan)
1/2 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees, lightly brush 4 of the mushrooms with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on cookie sheet in oven for 10 minutes until edges start to brown lightly. Meanwhile saute red pepper, zucchini, onion, and last portabella mushroom in a large saute pan with olive oil until veggies are cooked through and lightly browned. season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, rosemary, and pine nuts and saute another minute.

Remove pan from heat, and mushrooms from oven. Divide filling among the 4 mushrooms and crumble blue cheese on top of each. Return mushrooms to oven for another 5-7 minutes until blue cheese is melted.

Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment